If you wish to change your version:
1. Close the game.
2. In your Steam client, go to the Library and right (mouse button) click on "Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun".
3. Select "Properties" from context menu.
4. Select the Betas tab.
5. Choose the branch "1.4.4 - Release Version v1" for the earlier version of the game.
6. Click "Close" in the lower-right corner of the window.
7. Close and restart the Steam Client.
Shadow Tactics should now download the install of your choice.
WARNING: SWITCHING BACK TO THE OLD GAME VERSION WILL DESTORY YOUR INGAME PROGRESS (for example unlocked badges)
If you switch from Shadow Tactics version 2.2.2/2.2.6 back to version 1.x, your game progress will get destroyed.
However, you can use this tool that allows you to restore game progress and unlocked badges manually to get your progress back.
Simply download this tool ZIP package, extract and run it and follow the instructions.
PC: ST Savegame Tool PC
Mac: ST Savegame Tool Mac
Linux: ST Savegame Tool Linux
This is a known issue which we're working on fixing in a future update.
There are different solutions you can try out:
1. Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2010 manually in case Steam didn't do this when installing the game: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
2. Update Windows or your DirectX.
3. Deactivate Steam Cloud by right-clicking on Shadow Tactics in your Steam library, choosing “Properties”, going to tab “UPDATES” and unchecking the checkbox on the bottom under “Steam Cloud”. Then delete the file gameState.sav in the following directory on your computer: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Daedalic Entertainment GmbH\Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun\user\gameState_00
Attention: This will delete your savegames!
4. Reinstall the game.
You can also find a Steam thread regarding this topic here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/418240/discussions/0/152390014801394592/
5. If the error log shows you that dll files are missing, you can check & replace them here: http://freewisdoms.com/download-dll-files-commonly-used-by-games/
After updating Shadow Tactics, the savegames from the previous version aren't compatible with the latest version of the game. That means: unlocked levels, badges and settings are still maintained, but the level progress is lost. You have to play the level from the beginning.
If you need a savegame from the newest version, check out our savegame on this page.
You're able to change the language in both the Steam client or within the game.
Steam client: You can change the language by right-clicking on Shadow Tactics in your Steam library, choosing "Properties" and going to the tab "LANGUAGE" in the additional window.
In-game: You can change the language in the audio menu which can be found in the options menu.
It's very important to keep an eye on the viewcones of your enemies, so you're always aware of which area they are observing at the moment.
We also recommend to hide the bodies of knocked out or eliminated NPCs, so you don't attract any unwanted attention.
Also, be careful when moving along a snow-covered area since your footprints can be your biggest traitors and reveal your position.
This issue only occurs with download versions of the game which are not from Steam.
If the installation path contains special characters (e.g. „§“, „é“, cyrillic characters, etc.) the game is not able to create a log file or to install any updates. Therefore, please ensure that your installation path doesn't contain any special characters.